Published: Sun, May 14, 2017
National | By Rosalie Gross

Two dead at Texas's North Lake College shooting

Two dead at Texas's North Lake College shooting

Her family says the shooter, identified by authorities as 21-year-old Adrian Torres, had been stalking Gonzalez for years. Police officials added that law enforcement officers were continuing to search the campus to ensure all was safe.

The Wednesday shooting shut down campus and postponed classes.


Active shooter at Northlake College - avoid the area.

Twenty-year-old Janeera Nickol Gonzalez was shot dead Wednesday in a common study area inside the Performance Hall building at North Lake College in Irving. "I saw the gun, and he shot her three times, and it was too close", Nanbakhsh said. This incident comes as the second attack on a Texas campus this week. We heard the first one and thought somebody dropped something...but then it just kept going and everybody just started running. "I heard a police officer say 'Lock the door, take shelter, ' and pretty much me and the rest of my classmates were so scared". Later, it was found out that two people, including the suspect, had been killed in what appears to be a case of murder-suicide. Additionally, a large number of students ran frantically from several buildings toward the parking lots.

Harry Potter And The Stolen Prequel: Police Search For Story Thief
With the high-dollar value of some of the other items that were stolen, the owner actually fears they might just throw it away. Describing herself as "rather bored by Twitter", she said she preferred to communicate with people in person.

Nasrin Nanbakhsh said the woman was sitting in a chair when the gunman approached her and fired. "I thought, 'she won't make it'".

Police had told students and staff at North Lake College in Irving to stay indoors and warned those people not on campus to stay away while the situation was being tackled, ABC News reported.

"There is no justice for my daughter", Gonzalez said.

The college sent out an alert at 11:45 a.m. local time, saying that there was an ongoing "intruder lockdown" in place, according to The Dallas Morning News. About three weeks ago he came back.

Like this: