Published: Thu, May 25, 2017
Sport | By Gary Shelton

Ariana Grande cancels tour stops following Manchester explosion

Ariana Grande cancels tour stops following Manchester explosion

While ISIS quickly claimed credit for the attack, both British and USA authorities say they have yet to determine whether the terror group was involved.

Police said three suspects were arrested Wednesday in south Manchester.

Meanwhile, British authorities busted a suspect in Wigan, a town in Greater Manchester, who was carrying a suspicious package.

Following the attack at Manchester Arena, British police raided a house on Elsmore Road in Fallowfield, which The Telegraph reported as being the Abedi family's home in Britain.

"One of the victims is a serving police officer but, respecting their family's wishes, I will make no further comment at this stage", Greater Manchester Police Chief Constable Ian Hopkins at a news conference Wednesday.

Ramadan Abedi says he spoke to his 22-year-old son, Salman Abedi, five days ago and he was getting ready to visit Saudi Arabia and sounded "normal".

Hashem Abedi had been in touch with attacker Salman Abedi, Bin Salem said, and had travelled from Libya to Britain last month.

Officers are at the scene searching that address.

On Tuesday, Salman Abedi was named as the suicide bomber who detonated a device just moments after a concert featuring American pop star Ariana Grande at Manchester Arena. The second, an 8-year-old girl. "We are thankful for the selfless service tonight of Manchester's first responders who rushed towards danger to help save lives".

The bombing also left 64 people wounded, of whom 20 were receiving critical care for highly traumatic injuries to major organs and to limbs, a health official said.

Father of Manchester bomber says son is innocent
British officials are trying to determine what, if any, level of support Abedi may have received from the terror network. The BBC reported that security services thought the bomb was too sophisticated for Abedi to have built by himself.

Britain is on its second-highest alert level of "severe" meaning an attack by militants is considered highly likely.

Almost 1,000 soldiers are on patrol, supporting police at key locations.

Chelsea soccer club said it had cancelled a victory parade that had been scheduled to take place in London on Sunday to celebrate its Premier League title. A photo of Abedi was also released.

Earlier, interior minister Amber Rudd said the bomber had recently returned from Libya.

Officials are examining Abedi's trips to Libya as they piece together his allegiances and try to foil any new potential threats.

"We are deeply saddened by this senseless tragedy and our hearts and thoughts are with those impacted by this devastating incident", promoters Live Nation said in a statement. The government said almost 1,000 soldiers were deployed Wednesday instead of police in high-profile sites in London and elsewhere.

"And as I've said, it continues at a pace".

In Manchester, the Islamic Centre held a memorial service in memory of the victims and condemned the attack.

He has also expressed concern about what he said were Islamophobic acts in the area and elsewhere.

Like this: