Published: Thu, May 25, 2017
Sport | By Gary Shelton

Harry Wilson may be the Roberts replacement Celtic need — In Focus

Harry Wilson may be the Roberts replacement Celtic need — In Focus

At the tender age of 16 years and 207 days, Wilson was capped during Wales' game with Belgium, thus becoming his country's youngest ever player.

ESPN claim Wilson's performances as captain of the Under-23s this season have caught the attention of a number of clubs.

Despite interest from both Wolverhampton Wanderers and Celtic, the youngster is highly thought of at the Premier League side, and it is believed that it will take a big fee to prize him away from Anfield.

Should Wilson choose Celtic or Wolverhampton Wanderers if he ends up leaving Liverpool this summer?

The 44-year-old will be without Manchester City youngster Patrick Roberts next term after he completed his season-long loan spell with the Glasgow-based club, and his role in Rodgers' senior set up would be the flawless fit for Wilson.

Harry Wilson Daniel Sturridge play for Liverpool versus Sydney FC
GETTY Harry Wilson played for Liverpool as they beat Sydney FC in an end of season friendly yesterday

And bringing in a talented and hungry youngster like Wilson may be what's needed to give the club a huge boost going into next season, although they will have to fend off competition from Brendan Rodgers' Celtic, who are also reportedly interested in the Liverpool man.

Wilson has scored a massive 28 goals from out wide this season for the Liverpool U23s and his progress was rewarded when he made his first team debut in the FA Cup earlier this season in the Reds' replay against Plymouth Argyle.

Rodgers, the former Liverpool boss, is said to be eyeing alternatives to Patrick Roberts with the on-loan Bhoys winger expected back at Manchester City this summer.

According to ESPN's report, however, Liverpool would rather not part ways with Wilson as they are confident that the forward can break into the first team squad in the coming years.

Ariana Grande Concerts Canceled at Least Through June 5
Now, an unconfirmed report says Grande has reached out to the families of the victims and offered to pay the funeral costs. Security officials believe others masterminded his attack on Monday's Manchester concert that killed 22.

Like this: