Published: Mon, May 29, 2017
Worldwide | By Gretchen Simon

United Kingdom police arrest 15th person in connection with Manchester attack


The hunt is still on for suspects in the Manchester bombing, and members of attacker Salman Abedi's network may still be at large, Britain's interior minister said Sunday.

Greater Manchester Police said a 25-year-old man was arrested in the city on suspicion of terrorist offenses.

Greater Manchester Police chief constable Ian Hopkins urged people to report any such incident, and said he had been inspired by the "determination, compassion and solidarity" shown by the vast majority of people in the city.

Thirteen men are now in custody after a man and a woman were released without charge. The police released surveillance-camera images of the bomber on the night of the May attack as they appealed for information about his final days.

Abedi died in the blast.

British police say they have made another arrest in connection with the Manchester bombing, bringing the total to 12. "There are 11 people in custody, the operation is still really at full tilt in a way".

"The level of resources we have available to us remains the same as we continue to take positive action so you will notice additional officers, including armed officers, on patrol especially at a number of events this weekend to ensure the security and safety of everyone but it's important that people remain alert and vigilant", he said. The straps of a backpack are visible on his shoulders.

LeBron James: Warriors stress out LeBron James?
Avery Bradley led Boston with 23 points. "With that being said, tonight I'll start my prepping, and we'll see what happens". Kyrie Irving had 24 points and seven assists and the Cavaliers , who sat their starters for the entire fourth quarter.

More than 1,000 armed police are on standby as major spectacles, including the FA Cup Final at Wembley and the Premiership Rugby Final at Twickenham, are expected to draw tens of thousands of people into public spaces on Saturday.

British officials have confirmed he had recently returned from Libya and the officers said police needed information about his movements from May 18 when he returned to Britain.

On Sunday the Great Manchester Run will go ahead as planned, with defiant runners and spectators due to turn out in large numbers as the city recovers from the atrocity.

"I want to thank my fellow musicians and friends for reaching out to be part of our expression of love for Manchester", she said in a letter posted to social media. "They picked the wrong people to mess with this time".

The government is facing criticism after acknowledging that Abedi was on security services' radar, but wasn't a major focus of investigation.

Counter-terror authorities are handling 500 investigations into 3,000 individuals now, while it was disclosed on Friday that around 20,000 people are considered former "subjects of interest".

The family of one victim, 18-year-old Georgina Callander, said her life had been cut short by "evil, evil men prepared to ruin lives and destroy families".

Like this: