Published: Mon, June 19, 2017
Hi-Tech | By Grace Becker

Juve rejected 'very good offer from Chelsea for Sandro'

Juve rejected 'very good offer from Chelsea for Sandro'

The Italian club's general director Giuseppe Marotta confirmed that the club had rejected the Blues" "very good' initial offer for the defender as they are not interested in selling Sandro, who can operate as a left-back or play in a left midfield role.

Conte, 47, has been frustrated at the lack of progress in the market so far - and has seen his biggest rivalries already complete big moves.

Chelsea insist that there are no problems between the club and Conte, and fully expect him to sign the new £9.6m-a-year deal that is on the table waiting for him when he returns from holiday.

Another striker is also wanted with both Everton star Romelu Lukaku and Real Madrid's Alvaro Morata on the boss wanted list. "But I don't know what he [Sandro] thinks about the interest", Marotta said. Sandro, capped seven times by Brazil, joined Juventus from Porto in August 2015 and has since won successive Serie A and Coppa Italia titles. "Players are masters of their own destinies".

Mo Brooks' name appeared on James Hodgkinson assassination hit list, report says
Sue Hodgkinson said she felt "horrible", saying, "I had no idea this was going to happen and I don't know what to say about it". Sanders acknowledged Wednesday that Hodgkinson had apparently been among many volunteers on his 2016 campaign.

Conte is looking for reinforcements and upgrades in all areas of the squad.

Chelsea are yet to add to their squad this summer though Standard Sport understands former Manchester City goalkeeper Willy Caballero could become their first signing on July 1.

Manager Antonio Conte still has a very solid relationship with the Bianconeri and hopes to take advantage of this to reach an agreement for the 26-year-old.

Like this: