Published: Wed, June 28, 2017
Life&Culture | By Rose Hansen

Trial date set for California suit against Cosby


In the California case, a woman claims she was assaulted by Cosby at the Playboy Mansion more than 40 years ago when she was 15.

Judge Craig Karlan has set July 30, 2018, as the trial date for Ms Huth's lawsuit.

Celebrity attorney Gloria Allred, who represents numerous more than 50 women who are alleged victims of Cosby, called the potential meetings a "transparent and slick effort" to try to influence jury members for Cosby's upcoming second criminal trial on charges that he drugged and raped Andrea Constand at his home in 2004.

There was immediate backlash from the announcement of Cosby's tour last week, when Cosby's team indicated that he would be discussing sexual assault during the tour.

The California lawsuit is one of 10 Cosby is now facing, including three sexual battery or defamation cases in California and seven defamation cases in MA.

"Anything at this point can be considered sexual assault", she said.

"The current propaganda that I am going to conduct a sexual assault tour is false", Cosby said in a statement released by Wyatt on Tuesday.

Now Angela C. Agrusa, a lawyer who helped represent him at his trial on sexual assault charges earlier this month, has tamped down expectations that Mr. Cosby will be embarking on such a tour anytime soon.

On Tuesday, Wyatt said his comments were taken out of context and that Cosby was still sifting through speaking invitations from civic organisations and church groups.

IS fighters launch counterattacks in west Mosul neighborhood
Up to 350 militants are estimated by the Iraqi military to be dug in there among civilians in wrecked houses and crumbling infrastructure.

A lawyer for Bill Cosby says she does not think he will speak publicly before his second criminal trial in Pennsylvania.

Two cases are headed for back-to-back trials in California next summer.

The Rape, Abuse & Incest National Network, an anti-sexual violence organization known as RAINN, responded to Cosby's plans. "Any further information about public plans will be given at the appropriate time", he told ABC News via a statement.

Agrusa said the town halls under consideration never included Cosby speaking about sexual assault. Cosby faces a number of civil lawsuits in addition to the potential retrial of his criminal case.

Cosby, she said, wants to perform again but is unlikely to do so until all criminal charges are resolved.

Instead of sexual assault, Benson said, "it is about continuing on with what Mr. Cosby started 50 years ago when he began in the entertainment business, which is the importance of community, importance of education".

Cosby, 79, is fighting lawsuits by 10 women on both coasts. Cosby denied the allegation, stating that they had a sexual encounter that was consensual.

Share with Us - We'd love to hear eyewitness accounts, the history behind an article, and smart, constructive criticism.

Like this: