Published: Mon, July 17, 2017
Worldwide | By Gretchen Simon

Israeli soldiers Abduct Four Palestinians In Hebron And Jerusalem, Demolish A Home

Israeli soldiers Abduct Four Palestinians In Hebron And Jerusalem, Demolish A Home

Yesterday's report estimated that a total of 6,300 Palestinians were now imprisoned by Israel, including 300 minors and 486 Palestinians held under Israel's contested policy of administrative detention - internment without trial or charges. Israeli authorities said the closure was necessary to carry out security checks and announced they would reopen the compound Sunday.

"The Committee to Protect Journalists today condemned Israeli soldiers' raid of the office of Al-Quds TV and that of its affiliate Ram Sat in the West Bank city of Hebron", the statement said. "This evening I held a discussion with the top security leadership and I instructed that metal detectors be placed at the entrance gates to the Temple Mount", he said.

According to a statement of the Israel Defense Forces (IDF), the assailant was identified as 34-year-old Ammar Ahmed Khalil, who reportedly opened fire at the West Bank communities of Ateret and Nabi Saleh, on two separate occasions on Saturday.

German Media: Hurghada knife attacker acted on Daesh orders
The four injured include a Czech woman, two Armenian women and a woman whose nationality has not yet been identified, Ahram said. Pictures purportedly appeared to show him nabbed and pinned down inside a luggage cart by hotel staff.

Israeli security forces early Sunday morning shot and killed a Palestinian terrorist during an attempt to arrest him after he had threatened them with his weapon. The first targeted a vehicle in the area of Ateret in the Binyamin region while the second targeted an army pillbox in Nabi Saleh, near Ramallah.

The Israeli army claims that the soldiers invaded Nabi Saleh after two incidents when live fire was used against Israeli soldiers and colonist settlers. Tirawi's fiancee had turned herself in to Palestinian security forces, the Shin Bet said, confirming to AFP she was in their custody since late Saturday, hours before the fatal raid.

Like this: