Published: Wed, September 20, 2017
Worldwide | By Gretchen Simon

Two more suspects arrested in London subway bombing, totaling five in custody

Two more suspects arrested in London subway bombing, totaling five in custody

The teenager had reportedly been in trouble with police in the weeks before the bucket bomb partially detonated on a London Underground train, injuring 30 people on Friday.

"The 25-year-old man was arrested under section 41 of the Terrorism Act at approximately 7.08pm at an address in Newport".

Two other men who were arrested on Saturday remain in police custody after a District Line tube train was targeted by terrorists on 15 September.

Local council chief Ian Harvey said he believed the 18-year-old was an Iraqi orphan who moved to the United Kingdom three years ago after his parents died.

"A significant amount of activity has taken place since the attack. detectives are carrying out extensive inquiries to determine the full facts behind the attack".

The property belongs to an elderly couple who have for years taken in foster children, including refugees from conflict zones in Syria and Iraq.

A witness who saw Farroukh's arrest said: "The guy had just walked past the takeaway when three blokes and a woman came running past and he was rugby tackled to the floor".

"It's never helpful to have speculation about an ongoing investigation and I would include the president of the United States in that", Rudd said Sunday in an interview on the BBC's "Andrew Marr Show".

Powerball ticket worth $2M sold in Ada County
Judy Finchum never has to think when she buys Powerball tickets: She's been playing the same numbers for almost 30 years. The couple told CBS Denver that they're both too old to take yearly payouts, instead opting for the cash option.

He said: "He was very normal".

The 18-year-old arrested man is thought to have lived in a foster home owned by Ronald and Penelope Jones, in Sunbury-on-Thames, Surrey.

The development comes after an 18-year-old was arrested at Dover as he tried to board a ferry, the morning after the attack.

Meanwhile, all but one of those injured in the attack have been able to leave hospital.

ISIS has claimed responsibility for the attack, but British officials say there is no proof yet that any organized militant group was directly involved, Reuters reported.

The terror alert in Britain was raised to its maximum "critical" level on Friday, meaning another attack was believed to be imminent.

Mr Rowley said that, although the reduced threat level meant that the role of armed soldiers in policing duties would be phased out over the next week, armed police would continue to patrol the streets and the transport network.

Like this: