Published: Tue, October 17, 2017
Life&Culture | By Rose Hansen

Joshua to face Takam in title defence after Pulev withdraws

Joshua to face Takam in title defence after Pulev withdraws

The bout is scheduled for 28 October at Cardiff's Principality Stadium, with more than 70,000 tickets already sold.

Pulev is now training at a sparring camp in Germany and it's claimed that he has damaged muscles in his right shoulder.

Pulev has suffered a muscle tear in his shoulder, according to reports in his native Bulgaria, and fears are that the IBF number one and the current mandatory contender will be forced to vacate his chance at Joshua's belts.

ANTHONY JOSHUA will fight Carlos Takam in Cardiff on October 28 after Bulgarian Kubrat Pulev pulled out because of a shoulder injury, promoter Eddie Hearn said.

Playstation 4 Bundles Announced For Star Wars Battlefront II
There will also be a range of consoles without the emblems and custom controller but come with a standard edition of the game. Sony has revealed some custom limited PS4 and PS4 Pros that include Star Wars insignias and a physical copy of the game.

"For Anthony this is a hard situation, because he carefully prepared to the style and growth of Bullet, and now will meet with a completely different style and challenge Takama", said Hearn. "This hasn't happened in his career before but he is ready for all comers".

"When they announced the fight with a Bullet, I agreed with the team Takama, so Carlos also began to prepare for battle".

Joshua is undefeated in 19 fights since turning professional in 2013 and will face Cuban Luis Ortiz, the mandatory challenger for his WBA title, after the Takam fight. When I called them this evening they were overjoyed and good to go.

Takam is considered a less challenging opponent for Joshua than the taller Pulev, having previously lost to WBO champion Joseph Parker, Russia's Alexander Povetkin and the little-known Gregory Tony.

Like this: