Published: Wed, November 15, 2017
Life&Culture | By Rose Hansen

After 'S Durga', 'Nude' director plans to move High Court

After 'S Durga', 'Nude' director plans to move High Court

"I have applied for a censor certificate today and am also planning to move the Bombay High Court, asking for an explanation from the ministry for dropping Nude", he said.

Few other members of the jury are Nishikant Kamat, Nikkhil Advani, Apurva Asrani, Ruchi Narain and Gyan Correa, who also have expressed their dissent over the ministry's move. Both the movies are both stunning cinematic experiences which the audiences of the film fest would have loved.

"The two films which have been picked to replace them were part of the waitlist which the jury itself gave us". This was the inaugural film in the Indian panorama.

The national award-winning director also said that it is hard to accept that a selected film is removed from the festival without any explanation, "My film was chosen for this, you can't take away my right". Ravi finds himself absolutely baffled at the turn of events, especially since no one had even informed him about the fact that his film is being dropped. "We're awaiting a response to that mail too", added the member.

Reacting to the decision taken by the Government of India to ban those movies, veteran filmmaker Shyam Benegal backed Ghosh and said that the government should not support those people, who do not want the film to be shown.

Thieves tunnel 25 feet into bank near Mumbai
Meanwhile, cops have already found the name of the person - Gena Prasad - who had rented the shop next to the bank. The bank, incidentally, had not installed CCTV cameras in the locker room to protect the customer's privacy.

On Monday, jury-head, filmmaker Sujoy Ghosh stepped down from his post after the Ministry dropped the two films without consulting any member of the 13-member panel. "However, the important thing is that 19 other films have also been chosen whose filmmakers have worked extremely hard to tell some very relevant stories and we need to champion these films along with the films that have been so unfairly left out", he asserted. "At the moment, I can not say anything more".

Previously, Sanal had to struggle before Sexy Durga was certified with a U/A.

I and B ministry sources tell India Today that it is the final word on IFFI screenings, since this is "restricted viewing for delegates", and not for public viewing that it can not dictate.

The jury had submitted the list to the ministry on September 20-21, but the line was made public, where these two films were missing from the list. "It's wonderful that our country has opened its doors, with the International Film Festival of India, providing a platform to showcase some of the finest films from across the globe". The jury at IFFI was so qualified that I was sure that this would be the ideal platform to launch the film. So I don't understand what the controversy is about.

Like this: