Published: Fri, January 12, 2018
Sci-tech | By Carrie Guzman

YouTube Puts Logan Paul Film On Hold, Removes Him From Preferred Program

YouTube Puts Logan Paul Film On Hold, Removes Him From Preferred Program

The company said in a statement Thursday that Paul's new video blogs also are on hold after he shared a video on YouTube that appeared to show a body hanging in a Japanese forest that is said to be a suicide spot.

Netizens recently called out Paul after he posted a video taken from Aokigahara park in Japan, which is commonly known as "Suicide Forest" among tourists.

The Google-owned business has finally responded to controversy over one its highest-earning "vloggers" - man-child Logan Paul - announcing that it has removed him from its "Google preferred" program and put on hold plans to pay him to create original content.

The video sharing site made a decision to drop Paul from projects on its YouTube Red subscription platform for original content, a spokesman said Wednesday.

"In light of recent events, we have chose to remove Logan Paul's channels from Google Preferred", a YouTube spokeswoman said in a statement yesterday. He will not be featured in season 4 of Foursome.

Leipzig open to Keita joining Liverpool in January
Liverpool FC are now preparing for their crunch Premier League clash against Manchester City at The Etihad on Sunday afternoon. Last week CEO Oliver Mintzlaff rejected talk that Keita was pushing for an early move to Liverpool .

YouTube has chosen to police its creators more than ever before after last year's ad-pocalypse, which began as advertisers pulled their ads from YouTube after learning some ran in front of extremist and offensive content. The video is no longer available on YouTube. And the one that will likely hit Paul the most is his exclusion from Google Preferred advertising. "As we said recently, we are discussing and seeking feedback from our brand partners on ways to offer them even more assurances for what they buy in the upfronts".

Meanwhile, the netizens also went after YouTube's alleged lack of action since it allowed the video to gather over six million views. The video received immediate backlash across the internet, with many noting that a chunk of Paul's following in Youtube are minors. Three strikes in a three-month period can result in suspension from YouTube.

YouTube previously posted a statement on its Twitter page, stating that the platform stood against the YouTuber's actions.

Paul's YouTube channel has more than 15 million subscribers.

Google is planning a new push to vet top-tier YouTube videos that it bundles for major advertisers, people familiar with the effort said, moving to address resurgent concerns that inappropriate content is being shown alongside brand messages.

Like this: