Published: Sun, January 14, 2018
Worldwide | By Gretchen Simon

Indian Police Nab Man Wanted for 2000 Terror Attack

Indian Police Nab Man Wanted for 2000 Terror Attack

A day after he was arrested from Indira Gandhi International Airport, Bilal Ahmad Kawa, an alleged Lashkar-e-Toiba (LeT) operative and an accused in the Red Fort terror attack, was sent to10-day police custody by Chief Metropolitan Magistrate Deepak Sehrawat.

The Gujarat Anti-Terrorism squad informed the Delhi Police today that one Bilal Ahmed Kawa, who had been declared a proclaimed offender in the case, was travelling from Srinagar to Delhi, they said. Special Cell said Kawa needs to be interrogated by several other agencies.

Indian police said Thursday they were questioning a suspected Lashkar-e-Taiba (LeT) terrorist for his role in an attack in Delhi more than 17 years ago.

The police further claimed that Kawa, who was on the run since 2000, had been hiding in Kashmir.

Flores first choice for Stoke in search for new manager
The Irish Independent report that former Sunderland and Hoops manager O'Neill was set to meet with Stoke top brass last night. And the Derryman will be joined by his assistant Roy Keane and backroom staff Steve Guppy, Steve Walford and Seamus McDonagh.

During interrogation Red Fort attack probe, the Delhi Police had found that a total of ₹29.5 lakh hawala money was transferred through various bank accounts, including Standard Chartered and Grindlays Bank, in the name of Bilal Ahmad Kawa. Mohammad Arif from Pakistan's Abbottabad, who planned the attack, and 10 others have already been convicted in the case. According to sources, the wanted terror suspect was on his way to meet his brother in Delhi.

"On December 22, 2000, three Indian Army personnel were killed in indiscriminate firing at Red Fort".

On January 10, Kawa had gone to Delhi for a medical check-up as he had high cholesterol.

Like this: