Published: Sun, January 14, 2018
Life&Culture | By Rose Hansen

Male models accuse prominent photographers of sexual harassment

Male models accuse prominent photographers of sexual harassment

U.S. photographer Weber, 71, was accused by 15 current and former models of subjecting them to unnecessary nudity and coercive sexual behaviour, according to The New York Times.

Reps for both photographers are adamantly denying the models' accounts, which the Times said were recalled "with remarkable consistency". The model added, "We never had sex or anything, but a lot of things happened".

Representatives for both photographers denied the allegations and said they were shocked by the claims.

The law firm Lavely & Singer, representing Testino, challenged the character and credibility of people who complained of harassment.

Several assistants said Testino's behavior towards them was similar.

A statement from Mr Weber quoted in the paper said: "I'm completely shocked and saddened by the outrageous claims being made against me, which I absolutely deny".

Famed photographers Mario Testino and Bruce Weber have been accused of sexual misconduct by male models and former assistants.

"Sexual harassment was a constant reality", alleges another of Testino's assistants from the late '90s, Roman Barrett, who also claimed the photographer rubbed up against his leg with an erection and masturbated in front of him. "I threw the towel on him, put my clothes on and walked out".

2 bodies recovered from burning oil tanker in China
Footage of the rescue showed parts of the Sanchi still aflame, its hull and superstructure completely stripped of paint. The Iranian oil tanker went up in flames after it collided with a Chinese freighter in the East China Sea last week.

A few weeks later, while on a business trip, Tillman met Testino in his hotel room where Testino thew him on the bed and pinned him down. A lot of touching.

Model Bobby Roache said Weber tried to put his hands down Roache's pants during a casting in 2007.

Wood said he felt guilty because he knew he agreed to the impromptu session because "he was the photographer for Ralph Lauren". Boyce said Weber made him touch his own genitals and was even forced to suck on the photographer's fingers during the shoot.

Weber interrupted one Miami shoot for Vogue Hommes International to invite model Josh Ardolf, then 20, into a private room for one such exercise.

Anna Wintour, Conde Nast's artistic director of Conde Nast, said the news was "hard to hear and heartbreaking to confront" and that they would not be working with Weber of Testino for the "foreseeable future".

Wintour published an op-ed in Vogue.com in which she announced that Condé Nast would be establishing a new Code of Conduct. "I believe strongly in the value of remorse and forgiveness, but I take the allegations very seriously, and we at Condé Nast have made a decision to put our working relationship with both photographers on hold for the foreseeable future".

The allegations against the world-famous snapper - who has worked for top fashion mags like Vogue - were made by a string of men who have worked with him over the years.

"Recreational drugs are not permitted", and any shoot involving nudity, skimpy clothing or sexual poses "must be approved in advance by the subject".

Like this: