Published: Tue, April 17, 2018
Sport | By Gary Shelton

Manchester City confident they have avoided TWO-window transfer ban

Manchester City confident they have avoided TWO-window transfer ban

That led the Argentine club to take the case to the Court of Arbitration for Sport (CAS), who presided over the final ruling.

Manchester City have avoided a transfer ban after winning their case against Velez Sarsfield at the Court of Arbitration for Sport, Sky Sports News understands.

Velez alleged City acted unethically in approaching Garre when he was still 15, then broke transfer regulations by signing him when he turned 16.

Federation Internationale de Football Association allow transfers of minors between clubs in the European Union and the initial complaint was dismissed as Garre has an Italian passport.

Garre was snapped up by City's academy just 10 days after his 16th birthday in the summer of 2016.

Garre moved to the Etihad Stadium in 2016, but the Argentine club filed a complaint with Federation Internationale de Football Association in the September of that year, claiming City broke transfer regulations on approaching under-age players.

Apple's upcoming new service might be the Netflix of news
A new report out of Bloomberg suggests Apple plans to launch its own news-focused subscription service in the next year. Texture now offers access to over 200 magazines for $9.99 per month; pricing for the new service is uncertain.

Velez appealed to Federation Internationale de Football Association, claiming that transfer rules state that players aged 18 or under can only move between European clubs.

City could have been prohibited from signing players for up to two transfer windows had they lost the case.

It is why a court case that was heard in July past year, with a verdict due by the end of September, has been delayed. Both Real Madrid and Barcelona have also served bans in recent years also.

In the last 12 months City have signed Benjamin Mendy, Danilo, Kyle Walker, Bernardo Silva, Ederson and Aymeric Laporte and those players have helped to make them one of the best teams in all of Europe.

Earlier in the case, Federation Internationale de Football Association said there was "no element justifying" disciplinary proceedings against City.

That said, they would have the right to a technical appeal that could further delay the process and allow Guardiola to stockpile players this summer. Barcelona, Atletico Madrid and Real Madrid have all been subjected to such bans in recent seasons after being found guilty of breaching the rules surrounding the signing of worldwide players under 18.

Like this: