Published: Wed, May 16, 2018
Worldwide | By Gretchen Simon

TV Producer Dies After E-Cigarette Explodes, Lodges in His Skull

TV Producer Dies After E-Cigarette Explodes, Lodges in His Skull

The manner of death is reported as an accident.

A Florida man was killed by an exploding vape pen, authorities say.

A former CNBC producer has passed away after his e-cigarette exploded and became lodged in his skull, according to a newly released autopsy. Officials found him with a wound to his top lip area and areas of burns to his body.

An autopsy has confirmed that Florida man Tallmadge D'Elia may have been the very first death caused by an exploding vape pen.

The Tampa Bay Times reports firefighters found D'Elia inside his burning home. E-cigarettes can come in many shapes and sizes; some are made to look like regular cigarettes, while others are larger devices such as tank systems or "mods".

A similar issue happened a year later in Idaho with a father losing nine teeth and suffering second-degree burns after a vape pen exploded in his mouth.

The U.S. Fire Administration says there have been 195 cases in which an electronic cigarette exploded or caught fire between 2009 through 2016, resulting in 133 injuries, 38 of which were severe.

BSF soldier martyred in ceasefire violation by Pakistan
He said the presence of a group, comprising five members, was confirmed through HSTI imagining. However, the frequent ceasefire violations by Pakistan were going on along the LoC.

The report blamed the incidents on the prevalence of lithium-ion batteries in the products.

A representative from Smok-E Mountain told ABC Action News that their devices do not explode.

Use vapes with safety features, including protection against overcharging.

There have been a few incidents of injuries stemming from vape pen explosions.

"Any other e-cig that has a computer chip in it prevents that from happening", Wilder added.

There were 195 separate e-cigarette fire and explosion incidents in the United States reported by the media between 2009 and 2016, according to data released a year ago by the US Fire Administration. Instead, they sell vape pens with a computer chip inside, which keeps the device from overheating.

Like this: